Brentwood Office E-Newsletters
We produce a regular e-newsletter at Antony Batty Brentwood, which we send out to our subscribers. It usually features two or three stories relating to our core business as insolvency practitioners and business restructuring and turnaround experts, including news about us and the world of insolvency in general, case studies and, from time to time, testimonials from satisfied clients. Click on any one, below, to view.
8th July 2021: Directors need to be Vigilant! Understanding a Directors Loan Account and their Liabilities
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Accounts and Illegal Dividends. If a company is liquidated it can lead to Liquidators’ Claims and even Director Disqualification
- Restrictions on statutory demands and winding up petitions now extended to the end of September 2021.
- Insolvency Service gets new retrospective powers to investigate directors of dissolved companies and combat Bounce Back Loan Fraud.
- The reason for the new legislation is that directors were able to take advantage of a loophole to dissolve companies which were still able to pay their debts as a means of avoiding repaying BBLs. The new legislation seeks to close that loophole.
- Will directors of businesses that cannot repay BBLs, automatically face personal liability and director disqualification investigations?
- Plus – Businesses Beware! Uncovering the new Recovery Loan – A commercial look at the scheme.
8th April 2021: Antony Batty & Company Launch Pan Asian Insolvency Desk
- The Pan Asian Desk is a service offered to businesses nationwide, and fills a perceived gap in the market amongst smaller boutique Insolvency Practitioners.
- Is Furlough now just ‘Kicking the Can Down the Road’ and allowing Unviable Jobs to Survive Short Term?
- Further Suspension of Wrongful Trading Provisions to 30th June 2021
- The Budget 2021 was about business recovery from Covid-19, and not about payback….yet!
- There was also good news for solvent businesses who are thinking of closing down with no change to Business Asset Disposal Relief. However, the IR35 reform looks set to come into effect in April.